Monday, January 11, 2010

Introduction!!

OOOOk! Well, this is my first time blogging so bear with me here! ;)

I was inspired by another photographer on Facebook for this project, so I can't take credit for the project idea. I saw that a man named Fred Meulemeester, was attempting to take a photo a day for a year. He is a photographer by profession, so a lot of his daily photos were actual photos from his work, mixed in with photos of places and things he had seen. I had a pretty interesting life. My resume has GOT to be the one of the most diverse out there. I have worked as an Entertainer/Dancer/Fire Performer in Mexico in a resort, have working as a Youth Councillor on a major cruise line, become a certified Master Engraver, was at one time the youngest and most successful female Night Club Promoter in my city, have achieved honours and awards on my program of study at Fanshawe College (Business Purchasing was my program) and I am also the head of my own corporation and part owner and Director of Marketing of a major name restaurant, to name a few!!! So I though, how neat would it be if I could attempt to take a photo a day, every day for a whole year, s at the end of that year I would have a documented summery of my year that I could look back on.


Before starting this project, I had to layout some guidelines for myself to follow. I decided that there would be no restrictions on what I could photograph, but it had to be something that interested me that day. Also, the photo actually had to be taken on that exact day - no cheating! Lastly, only one photo per day can be used. This one might be hard because I usually get shutter-happy and have a lot to chose from.


So this is my project. I am not a professional and have no training. I don't have any special camera or equipment. I am just going to do my best with what I have. My camera is a year old (got it Dec 08) an Olympus Stylus 850SW that is shockproof and waterproof (30m). It is an ok camera, but my next camera investment will defiantly be a Canon. Macro and Super Macro settings are my FAVORITE and I find that generally Canon cameras focus better.


If you like/don't like my photos, have suggestions or any comments, I would love to hear it!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging..Best wishes with your Project 365..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this great ideas and interesting too. Looking forward to know more about about Hen Party Ideas.

    hen nights in london & hen party london

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful information like this one must be kept and maintained so I will put this one on my bookmark list! Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this!

    hen nights in london & hen party london

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.

    male strip show & male strip clubs london

    ReplyDelete